Edale House is a two-story guest house located in Parkend, Nr Lydney, Gloucestershire and close to the village amenities. It is a period property in a Georgian style dated C1836 containing 6 bedrooms offering a varied number of configurations but in the main 3 twins, 3 doubles that could change to 1 twin and 5 doubles (including 2 super king and 1 king, 2 doubles). We have 2 rooms located on the ground floor which offer 1 double and 1 twin. 3 rooms offer en-suites with showers, 2 rooms offer en-suites with bath and shower and 1 room offers Private facilities with wet room. All rooms have colour TV and tea/coffee making facilities. The dining room is located on the ground floor.
we have a wheel chair ramp available for the main entrance steps but we make no further provision for accessible features however if you have any requirement please let us know on booking so we can discuss with you further prior to arrival.
• We can correspond by email, by phone and mail we cannot offer fax or text phone correspondence.
• Currently we are unable to offer alternative format information and the website cannot have fonts etc changed.
• Access statement can be available in larger print if required.
• Public transport, the nearest railway station is in Lydney and lies on the Great Western mainline. There is a bus service from the railway station to Parkend but this is fairly poor.
• Taxi services are available or during peak season the Dean Forest Railway operates the steam train from Lydney to Parkend.
• The nearest town is Lydney and is approximately 4 miles away.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• We can offer private off-road parking for guests. We can accommodate 5 vehicles on our front car park with further parking available on the street or at the rear of the property.
• We do help with bags to rooms if required.
• Passengers may be dropped off outside guest entrance.
• The drive is made up of a large gravel parking area.
• All parking spaces have rear vehicle access ability.
• There are no speed bumps of barriers on our drive.
. Contact telephone number is displayed on the main property sign by the entrance to the drive.
• All signage is clear and flat; all fire signage meets relevant standards.
• Initial access is by door bell, after registration door key will be provided. Other arrangements for initial access are possible by prior arrangement.
• The route from car park to entrance is via 2 main steps to a further small paved area and then 1 step across the door threshold. The drive is relatively flat and clearly lit at night. The maximum distance from car park to entrance is 14m. There are 3 steps and a door sill between lobby and drive. All 3 steps are of a different length, but all are the same height.
Main Entrance, Reception & Ticketing Area
• The property has a single guest entrance, side hung composite door made of UPVC and double glazed. The door is fully insulated with a self-locking mechanism on the way out, no need to lock the door when entering the property. The door sill is a “low threshold” is wheel chair friendly.
• No loop systems are fitted in property.
• Pen/pad can be made available on arrival, please lets us know prior to arrival that it will be required.
• There is no facility for entry phone/voice communication to enter property.
• Entrance is well lit with natural light during day and bright lights (2), floodlights and signage lighting at night.
• A single seat is provided in the entrance hall.
• Familiarisation tours are conducted if required by guests.
• The stairs have a banister rail and additional hand rail on the wall side, no other grad rails are provided
• Floors throughout entrance are carpeted and level
• Service (Guide) Dogs are accepted and we provide to dog friendly rooms if required. A dog friendly basket is available with Lead, Torch, bowl, mat, towel, empty water bottle, poo bags.
• All signage is printed, fire signs meet regulations.
• Measurements of reception are available on our website along with photographs
Public Areas – Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc
• No lifts/escalators are in the property.
• The first floor has large landing of length 4.4m max and width 1.2m, giving access to 4 bedrooms. The surface is flat and carpeted.
• There are also guest facilities of fridge with fresh milk, trouser press, chest of drawer.
• To gain access to the first-floor landing there is a flight of stairs leading from entrance hall, the stairs number 13 steps in total, each stair been even and of the same height. There is a banister rail to one side of stairs and a hand rail on the wall side. The gradient of the stairs based on measurement is 1:1 the stairs are carpeted. There are no doors between the entrance hall and the first-floor landing
• The stairs and landing are naturally lit with both standard and night lighting for night time.
• Baby changing facilities are not provided
• No ramps are provided
Public Areas – Sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc
• No public telephones are provided. We provide a guest phone on request and is chargeable at standard rates.
• No public sitting rooms or lounges are provided.
• None at property
Dining Room & Bar
• We have a separate dining room located on the ground floor, through the guest lounge, there is one small step to negotiate.
• The dining room is naturally lit along with wall lights and centre light to enhance.
• There are up to six tables, all are moveable, they are all square stable four-legged tables of height 75cm, length and width of table top is 75cm x 75cm. If necessary, we can fix the location of tables for duration of guests stay.
• Chairs are all high backed but without arms. Seat height on chairs is 47cm No chairs with arms are available.
• Menu is printed in size 16 fonts.
• None at property, but for a fee, washing can be accommodated.
• None at property.
• The village has a post office/general store and café and a cycle hire shop with café and maintenance facility.
• There are also two pubs serving food at both lunch times and evenings.
• All facilities lie within 75m of our drive.
• No treatment rooms are available.
• No leisure facilities are provided at property.
• No outdoor facilities are provided – see garden entry below.
Conference & Meeting Rooms, Banqueting
• The restaurant can be configured into a meeting room if required- facilities can be viewed on our website.
• We can arrange banqueting facilities by prior arrangement along with payed accommodation
Clubs & Entertainment
• No clubs or entertainment provided at property.
• The village contains two pubs within 75m of the property.
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
• No rooms are suitable for wheelchair users unless they have a degree of independent mobility.
• Fire alarm is ringing bell only, there are no flashing lights or vibrating pads in system.
• The colour TV has infra-red remote control.
• No telephones are available in rooms.
• An armchair is available to be placed in room, please let us know on booking if you require this.
• The bedroom flooring is all carpet.
• Lighting is provided by a centrally located ceiling light. This is supplemented by lamps by bed, dressing table and reading area. Lamps are moveable if required, subject to proximity to power point.
• Some beds are of zip link type and can provide a King sized be of width 1.8m, two singles of width 0.9m. The bed height is 60cm. The beds are of Divan style.
• Two bedrooms are located on the ground floor, 4m from the main exit and 4m from the dining room.
• The rooms are decorated individually; the paintwork is white/ off white, and the bedroom fire doors are painted white.
• Each room is numbered
• Signage is provided in font size 16. Larger sizes are available if requested. No raised or Braille signs are available.
• Each room has its own front door with private lock and key operated lock. The ground floor rooms are accessed from the lobby and the upstairs rooms are accessed from the landing.
• There is a cordless kettle provided. There is a marker on kettle of fill height; no other method of level indication is available.
• There are no fridges in the room, however we can store medicines of dietary requirements in our fridges provided they are clearly labelled and appropriately sealed in containers.
• All critical surfaces are of light pine colouring.
• A familiarisation tour can be arranged if required.
• We do allow service dogs and we do provide some provision for them e.g. bowls, we always expect all dogs to be on a lead and under supervision of an adult.
• Only service dogs allowed in public areas, unless by prior arrangement. No dogs will be allowed in Food areas i.e. breakfast room.
Bathroom, Shower-Room & WC
• We have 5 rooms that come with en-suites fitted with showers and 2 with bath / showers.
• There is no fire alarm fitted in Bathroom. The fire alarm for the building has a ringer only
• Sizes of bathrooms are varied according to each room and are mentioned on our website.
• Floor surface vary but are either tiled or laminate flooring.
• All Door are side hung door which opens into the bedroom. All have standard door handles with locks.
• No support rails are fitted in the bathroom
• Direct of transfer to facilities, sink forward, shower forward, WC backwards.
• No emergency alarm is fitted in bathroom.
• Shower tray is of composite construction, all are built as a “step over” construction. We provide no shower seat, either fixed or temporary. There are no support rails. The shower has a single head with variable height adjustment and is electrically operated with in built thermostatic control.
• Two baths are available in the property, room 6 operates of the main hot water cylinder and room 5 has its own independent hot water tank.
• There are no support rails fitted to the basin.
• WC, the transfer space is located between basin and WC; it requires a direction of transfer backwards motion. The seat height is 43cm. there are no seat adjusters or raisers available. There are no support rails fitted.
• The walls in all our bathrooms are tiled, the woodwork is painted white and the bathroom doors are all painted white.
• No provisions or aids such as hoists, seat raiser etc are available.
• None at property.
Caravans, Holiday Homes & Twin Units
• Not at property.
Boats – Narrow Boat, Cruiser & Hotel Boat
• We are on dry land
• No moorings are available
Attractions (Displays, exhibits, rides etc.)
• None at property.
Grounds and Gardens.
• There is a concrete path between the front of the house to the back main garden. The main garden is laid to lawn with several steps.
• There is wrought iron gate to negotiate along the path that open both ways with signage- please read these.
• Seating is provided for guests on request.
• There are floor troughs which may present trip hazards.
• We do not have a sensory garden.
• The garden area is 2 tiered with step made of wood leading from one to the other. A gate can be accessed by the side of the house by Prior Arrangements, there is signage advising of a dog in the premises and asking customers to ENSURE they always close the gates. There is a cycle wash area that has a small lip to it to keep the water in. There is no interpretation, or other information boards or signage in the garden.
• There are no play areas provided, although there is a large expense of grass.
• Please note some of the plants may be poisonous or irritants to skin. Caution should be taken
• Evacuation procedures are available in all rooms; this can be discussed with guests on arrival.
• Fire alarm is sounder only there are no flashing lights or vibrating pads. Emergency lighting is provided in public areas.
• No staff training for disability awareness
• No facility to hire equipment, hoist etc.
• Service dogs are accepted and are permitted in dining room. All other dogs are always expected to be on lead unless there is prior arrangement with the owners of Edale House. All dogs should not be left unattended at ANY time and should be under adult supervision.
• Property is fully no smoking, an ash box is offered at the exterior of the property
• We are in a POOR area for mobile reception. EE is your best bet at present although there are some improvements due in the forest soon.
• No interconnecting rooms are available, however for bookings with carers we will attempt to provide adjacent rooms
• We can if required store medicines or special dietary foods in our fridges provided, they are clearly labelled and packaged.
• We do not employ staff but are usually here, contact details are left when we are out, and the business phone is also diverted to our mobile.
• Emergency call procedure can be discussed for any special needs
Replace larger triple glazed windows, new Wood burner in lounge, Front Door, Solare panels etc
Contact Telephone and Email Address
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any comments please phone 01594 562835 or email us on email@example.com